KanSPRA Strategic Plan
Approved October 2014
The Kansas School Public Relations
Association is an advocate for the learning community. Our mission is to create
an atmosphere of public trust and understanding by leading, counseling and
influencing attitudes and behaviors in support of Kansas public education.
schools are fundamental to Kansas communities.
and integrity are essential to communications that build trust and
and collaboration maximize effectiveness.
leadership promotes continuous growth.
OBJECTIVES & STRATEGIES
Maintain and increase confidence in Kansas
Public Schools through strategic leadership.
- Promote best practices of school communications
so that every Kansas district can cultivate a transparent and trusting
relationship with stakeholder groups.
- Partner with organizations that advocate for
issues affecting Kansas schools at the state and local levels.
- Advocate for stakeholder engagement around
issues of great importance to the local school community.
- Help ensure coordinated, clear response to local
or national tragedies or crises affecting Kansas school communities.
- Be a leadership voice that demonstrates the
value of strategic communications to education leaders.
Strengthen the profession through member
services and development that promote continuous growth.
- Provide members opportunities for meaningful
- Encourage networking and sharing in regional
meetings, workshops and annual conference.
- Leverage technology tools to facilitate
connections among members (in addition to face-to-face meetings).
- Promote participation in NSPRA continuing
- Mentor new and prospective professionals to help
foster an appreciation for best practices and opportunities within the field of
school public relations.
Market the benefits of KanSPRA membership.
- Showcase the benefits of membership in order to
recruit new members.
- Develop programs, activities and information
that deliver value to existing members.
Each year in April, the KanSPRA board will develop an action
plan for the following year's activities, based upon the elements of this
KanSPRA 2015-16 Action Plan - Approved July 2015